2015-07-30 Unusual Options Activity (MDLZ) (NFX)
Posted on July 30th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-30 Unusual Options Activity (MDLZ) (NFX)
Unusual Options Activity
- Barnes & Noble (BKS)- The Sep $24/$26/$30 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 1,840 times for a $0.55 debit. A trade like this one involves buying the Sep $26/$30 bull call spread and selling the Sep $24 puts for even smaller debit (requires margin). Harper Lee’s “Go Set A Watchman” set a one day sales record recently.
- Mondelez International (MDLZ)- There was a rollout from 6,000 Sep $42 calls ($3.40 credit) into 9,000 Sep $45 calls ($1.35 debit). They raised FY15 guidance and reaffirmed FY16 margin guidance. The company also authorized a $6B share repurchase program.
- Newfield Exploration (NFX)- Roughly 1,750+ Sep $30 puts were bought for $1.15-$1.25, against open interest of 1,723 contracts. There was a big Aug 21 $31 put buyer yesterday. Earnings are due out on August 4th.
- Twitter (TWTR)- Another 5,595 Jan 2017 $35 calls were bought for $5.85, against open interest of 77,747 contracts. This comes after a disappointing Q2 report (concerns over user growth) on Tuesday.
- Violin Memory (VMEM)- Over 3,000 Dec $2.50 calls were purchased for $0.55-$0.70, against open interest of 4,925 contracts. Today, the Clinton Group (major shareholder) sent a letter to the board of directors about ways to create value for shareholders.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.