2015-07-28 Unusual Options Activity (IR) (LYB)
Posted on July 28th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-28 Unusual Options Activity (IR) (LYB)
Unusual Options Activity
- Air Products & Chemicals (APD)- 1,000 Aug $125 calls were purchased for $8.30. Earnings are due out on July 30th. This is Bill Ackman’s 2nd largest holding (9.65% stake).
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR)- 20,000 Dec $62.50 calls were bought for $2.95-$3.20. Call activity was 38x the average daily volume. IR is down after their Q2 results, but they did reaffirm FY15 guidance.
- LyondellBasell Industries (LYB)- There was a rollout from 12,500 Jan 2016 $100 calls ($3.30 credit) into 12,500 Jan 2016 $95 calls ($5.30 debit). They beat Q2 EPS and revenue estimates this morning. The stock is trying to find support at the 200-day SMA.
- Navient (NAVI)- Over 3,300 Oct $15 puts were purchased for $0.60-$0.65. Typically trades 58 puts per day. Earnings estimates for 2015 and 2016 continue to fall and the downtrend that started earlier this year in the stock confirms that.
- SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (XOP)- There was a rollout from 4,000 Aug 7 weekly $43.50 puts ($5.80 credit) into 9,000 Aug 21 $37.50 puts ($1.66 debit). Yesterday, there was a big roll from Aug 21 $41 puts into 15,000 Aug 21 $37 puts.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.