2015-07-21 Unusual Options Activity (BTU) (LXK)
Posted on July 21st, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-21 Unusual Options Activity (BTU) (LXK)
Unusual Options Activity
- Peabody Energy (BTU)- There was a rollout from 24,000+ Jan 2016 $1.50 puts ($0.64-$0.65 credit) into 40,000+ Jan 2016 $1 puts ($0.34 debit). Earnings out on July 28th. Yesterday, fellow coal miner, Arch Coal, announced a 1 for 10 reverse stock split (not a good sign). BTU, a stock trading at $1 and change, is expected to lose $2 per share this year.
- Energy Transfer Equity (ETE)- 5,000 Jan 2016 $65 calls were bought for $3.10, against open interest of 6,644 contracts. There was sizable buying in these yesterday too. ETE wants to acquire Williams Companies (current offer is $48B), but they aren’t going for it yet.
- Lexmark International (LXK)- There was a rollout from 2,500 Aug $46 puts ($8.50 credit) into 2,500 Aug $41 puts ($3.80-$3.90 debit). They paid $1.35 for the Aug $46 puts yesterday. Today, they issued Q3 guidance of $0.51-$0.61 vs the $0.91 estimate. Also, the company announced they will layoff 500 employees.
- Health Care Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLV)- 11,000+ Sep $77 puts were purchased for $1.89. The healthcare ETF could retest the 50-day EMA (around $75) in the near-term. Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Gilead Sciences, and Merck account for more than 28% of the weighting.
- YPF SA (YPF)- 2,500 Dec $25 calls were purchased for $2.75-$2.80, against open interest of 5,529 contracts. 5,000 were bought on July 14th for $3.60. On July 14th, Credit Suisse upgraded the stock to outperform from neutral with a $32 price target. Earnings estimates have been falling for the Argentinian oil & gas company, but the stock trades at a P/E ratio of 11.14x (2015 estimates), price to sales ratio of 0.60x, and a price to book ratio of 1.14x.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.