2015-07-15 Unusual Options Activity (CNC) (NLNK)
Posted on July 15th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-15 Unusual Options Activity (CNC) (NLNK)
Unusual Options Activity
- Bank of America (BAC)- 6,000 Nov $18 calls were purchased for $0.69, against open interest of 140,402 contracts. Also, there was bullish flow into the Aug 21 $18 calls. Q2 results came in better than expected today (topping both the top and bottom Wall Street estimates).
- Centene (CNC)- The Sep $67.50/$80 bull risk reversal was put on another 1,000 times for a $1.10. This was done 4,000 times earlier this month. They agreed to acquire Health Net for $6.8B in a cash and stock deal earlier this month.
- Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV)- More than 4,000 Nov $2 puts were purchased for $0.15-$0.20. The long-term downtrend remains intact as EPS estimates for 2015 and 2016 continue to be revised lower nearly every month ($0.05 to -$0.11 for 2015 estimates in just 3 months).
- Coca-Cola (KO)- There was a likely rollout from 10,016 Aug 21 $41 calls ($1.00 credit) into 15,000 Aug 21 $42 calls ($0.54 debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. Q2 earnings are due out on July 22nd. Yesterday, UBS upgraded the stock to buy from neutral with a 12-month price target of $48. They cited pricing/productivity and long-term international trends.
- NewLink Genetics (NLNK)- There was a rollout from 1,953 Aug $40 calls ($13.70 credit) into 1,953 Aug $45 calls ($9.50 debit). The Aug $40 calls were bought for $7.00 on July 10th. Shares broke out above $48 on July 13th (resistance now at $57-$58). They had their Investor Day yesterday.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.