2015-07-09 Unusual Options Activity (SNDK) (SVU)
Posted on July 9th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-09 Unusual Options Activity (SNDK) (SVU)
Unusual Options Activity
- Conn’s (CONN)- The 1×2 Aug $45/$50 ratio call spread was put on 5,000 times for a $0.45 debit. They are still in recovery mode. They reported June sales were up 11.9% today and named a new CFO.
- Limited Brands (LB)- 2,000 Aug $80.50 puts were sold for $1.35-$1.39. They reported June sales rose 3% this morning (Victoria’s Secret only +1%). After the results Mizuho reiterated their buy rating on the stock.
- SanDisk (SNDK)- 6,922 July 24 weekly $50 puts were bought for $0.89. Earnings are due out on July 22nd (shares have dropped after earnings on 4 consecutive reports). Samsung and AMD’s weak Q2 outlook are concerning for the company’s near-term earnings.
- SUPERVALU (SVU)- Over 5,000 Aug $8 calls were purchased for $0.37-$0.45. Call activity was 7x the average daily volume. Earnings are due out on July 28th.
- Swift Transportation (SWFT)- 25,500 Nov $22 puts were bought for $1.70. On June 16th, 11,050 Nov $23 puts were bought for $2.00. For the last few months rallies to the 50-day EMA have been great selling opportunities.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.