2015-07-08 Unusual Options Activity (ROK) (RPTP)
Posted on July 8th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-08 Unusual Options Activity (ROK) (RPTP)
Unusual Options Activity
- Freeport McMoRan (FCX)- 30,000+ Aug 21 $14 puts were bought for $0.34-$0.38. Earnings are due out on July 23rd (shares have dropped after earnings on 4 straight reports).
- MGM Resorts International (MGM)- There was a rollout from 2,000 July 17 $18 puts ($0.75 credit) into 4,000 Aug 21 $17 puts ($0.85 debit). Shares are trading just above support at the $17.25-$17.50 level.
- Rockwell Automation (ROK)- There was a rollout from 1,140 July $125 puts ($4.50 credit) into 1,140 Aug $125 puts ($7.60 debit). Also, there was sizable buying in the Aug $120 puts. Q3 earnings are due out on July 29th. The stock broke below the 50-day EMA today.
- Raptor Pharmaceuticals (RPTP)- 3,500 Aug $14 calls were bought for $1.20. They have Phase 2 data results due in Q3 or Q4 of this year.
- United Rentals (URI)- There was a rollout from 12,000 Jan 2016 $100 calls ($2.00 credit) into 6,000 Jan 2017 $85 calls ($13.00 debit). The collapse in oil prices over the last year has brought the equipment rental company down by 1/3rd of where it was at the heights of 2014. They do have oil & gas customers, but not enough for it too be trading at 8.70x 2016 earnings (possibly why the option trader is extending his/her trade to Jan 2017).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.