2015-07-01 Unusual Options Activity (AEO) (MXIM)
Posted on July 1st, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-07-01 Unusual Options Activity (AEO) (MXIM)
Unusual Options Activity
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO)- 3,000+ Aug 7 weekly $17.50 calls were purchased for $0.55-$0.60. The uptrend in shares remains in place as EPS estimates for 2015 and 2016 continue to trend upward.
- EMC Corp (EMC)- There was a rollout from 6,000+ Aug 21 $29 calls ($0.15 credit) into 6,000+ Aug 21 $27 calls ($0.64 debit). Earnings are due out on July 22nd. EMC has been range bound between $26 and $27.50 since April. The company doesn’t plan on breaking up despite investor pressure to do so.
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM)- 6,000 Aug $35 puts were purchased for $2.09-$2.15. Put activity was 9x the average daily volume. Earnings are due out on July 23rd. MXIM shares gapped down by about 8% on the previous earnings report. After recent deals in the semiconductor space they are considered a takeover target.
- Texas Instruments (TXN)- 4,500 July 31 weekly $52.50 puts were bought for $2.08. Earnings are due out on July 22nd (shares have dropped on 3 out of the last 4 reports). TXN could be the potential buyer of a MXIM or other similar company.
- United Continental (UAL)- A rollout from 16,000+ July 17 $55 calls ($1.11 credit) into 16,000+ Aug 21 $55 calls ($2.66 debit). This happened 14,000+ times yesterday. Lower oil prices are helping airline stocks today. UAL has earnings due out around July 23rd.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.