2015-06-22 Unusual Options Activity (AET) (DE)
Posted on June 22nd, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-06-22 Unusual Options Activity (AET) (DE)
Unusual Options Activity
- Aetna (AET)- There was sizable buying in the July 17 $135 calls (1,500+ traded) and $136 calls (2,500+ traded). The stock is rising on Anthem/Cigna merger talk (CI initially rejected the $184/share offer).
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE)- 1,800 Aug $50 puts were sold for $0.40. Earnings are due out on July 22nd.
- Deere (DE)- 2,000 Sep $97.50 calls were purchased for $1.35-$1.38, against open interest of 6,138 contracts. Sizable buying on May 22nd, 26th, and on June 10th too. DE is closing on a test of $95 again. Shares trade at 16.53x 2015 earnings and 0.94x sales.
- Red Hat (RHT)- The Sep $85/$90 bull call spread was put on 5,000 times for a $1.10 debit. Following their Q1 earnings beat last week, the stock had been trading just below key resistance at $80. The Sep $85/$90 bull call spread was put on another 5,000 times for a $1.10 debit. Call activity was 11x the average daily volume.
- Swift Transportation (SWFT)- The Aug $22/$23 strangle was put on 2,700 times for a $2.55 debit. He/she sees the stock above $25.55 or below $19.45 by expiration.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).
Feel free to email me (Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com) anytime if you have questions about my subscription service or mentoring courses, I’d be happy to help.