2015-06-10 Unusual Options Activity (DBD) (HRTX)
Posted on June 10th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-06-10 Unusual Options Activity (DBD) (HRTX)
Unusual Options Activity
- Diebold (DBD)- 1,000 Aug $40 calls were purchased for $0.95, against open interest of 1,260 contracts. Later in the morning, the July $35/$40 bull risk reversal was put on 2,400 times for a $0 debit. Options activity was 24x the average daily volume. Yesterday, Reuters reported they are in talks to buy Wincor Nixdorf (German competitor).
- Heron Therapeutics (HRTX)- A rollout from 4,000 June $15 calls ($12.10-$12.20 credit) into 4,000 Sep $22.50 calls ($7.40 debit). 9,500+ is in open interest in the Sep $25 calls. The company priced their 4.8M secondary offering at $24.75 per share this morning.
- Kythera Biopharmaceuticals (KYTH)- Over 1,500 July $65 calls were bought for $0.65-$1.70. Call activity was 11x the average daily volume (IV +28.6% to 62.80). Yesterday, Guggenheim initiated the stock with a buy rating and a $64 price target.
- LendingClub (LC)- 3,200 Jan 2016 $12 puts were bought for $0.45. Shares have been trading in a downtrend since going public in December (rallies to the 50-day EMA have been shorting opportunities). The online lending marketplace trades at a rich 25x sales.
- Noble Energy (NBL)- Over 3,000 June $47.50 calls were purchased for $0.50-$0.55, against open interest of 2,453 contracts. Yesterday, Nomura upgraded the energy company and raised their price target to $48 from $44.69.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (two hour courses start at $99).