2015-05-28 Unusual Options Activity (MRVL) (XOMA)
Posted on May 28th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-28 Unusual Options Activity (MRVL) (XOMA)
Unusual Options Activity
- ConocoPhillips (COP)- The June 26 weekly $62.50/$60.50 1×2 ratio bear put spread was put on 2,888 times for a $0.03 debit. Shares put in a lower high in April and are now poised to retest the low $60’s.
- eBay (EBAY)- Nearly 8,000 July 17 $62.50 calls were purchased for $0.70-$0.76 early this morning (13,000+ traded now), against open interest of 12,157 contracts. Axiom upgraded them to buy with a $70 price target on May 26th. They see the PayPal spinoff and other spinoffs as a positive later this year.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL)- 3,500 Aug $16 calls were purchased for $0.33, against open interest of 15,205 contracts. There was large buying in the July 17 $14 calls yesterday. The AVGO/BRCM deal is providing a lift for some of the semiconductor stocks.
- OvaScience (OVAS)- A rollout from 2,000 June $35 calls ($1.10 credit) into 2,000 Sep $35/$55 bull call spreads ($4.00 debit). Wedbush reiterated their outperform rating and a $52 price target on May 23rd. OVAS will present at Jefferies 2015 Global Healthcare Conference on June 1st.
- XOMA Corp (XOMA)- 10,000 Sep $4 calls were bought for $1.10-$1.15, against open interest of 22,425 contracts. 20,000 were bought on May 8th for $0.90-$1.20. This morning, they said their Phase 3 Eyeguard study reached its target exacerbation event. Primary endpoint result due in July.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).