2015-05-11 Unusual Options Activity (RICE) (RL)
Posted on May 11th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-11 Unusual Options Activity (RICE) (RL)
Unusual Options Activity
- Monsanto (MON)- A likely rollout from 5,000+ May 29 weekly $125 calls ($0.55 credit) into 10,000+ May 29 weekly $123 calls ($1.10 debit). They are trying to acquire Syngenta (1st offer was rejected). Last week, there was sizable put selling in SYT.
- Rice Energy (RICE)- 2,000 June $22 puts were sold for $0.60-$0.65. This morning, Canaccord Genuity reiterated their buying rating with a $31 price target.
- Ralph Lauren (RL)- The May $130/$125 1×2 ratio bear put spread was put on 1,000 times for a $0.45 debit. Earnings are due out on May 13th. Zacks reiterated their strong sell rating on March 27th with a $122 price target.
- Tower Semiconductor (TSEM)- The May $17/$18 bull call spread was put on 2,000 times for a $0.32 debit. Earnings are due out on May 13th (shares have moved higher on 5 straight reports).
- Vulcan Materials (VMC)- 1,500 May $90 puts were sold for $0.70-$0.71. They see very limited downside risk in the near-term.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).