2015-05-07 Unusual Options Activity (WDAY) (WMT)
Posted on May 7th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-07 Unusual Options Activity (WDAY) (WMT)
Unusual Options Activity
- Gold Fields (GFI)- 3,000 Oct $4 puts were sold for $0.69. They reported a 10% decline in gold production in Q1, but the stock is trying to bottom at the March lows near $3.60.
- Mylan (MYL)- The July $65/$80 bull risk reversal was put on 2,870 times for a $0 debit. Volume was below the open interest in both options. Mylan is still committed to acquiring Perrigo is a stock and cash deal, which is also an effort to avoid being taken over by a larger competitor. Teva Pharmaceutical offered MYL $82 per share value in a stock/cash deal to acquire them recently.
- Workday (WDAY)- Roughly 2,750 Sep $105 calls were purchased for $3.10-$3.40 and 2,000 Sep $80 puts were sold for $4.00-$4.20. Nearly 5,000 WDAY Sep $105 calls have been bought and 6,000 Sep $80 puts have been sold since April 30th. Earnings are due on May 26th.
- Wal-Mart Stores (WMT)- 5,000 Jan 2016 $87.50 calls were purchased for $1.21-$1.22, against open interest of 4,715 contracts. Q1 earnings are due out on May 19th. The stock is trying to find support between $76-$78.
- United States Steel (X)- 5,000 June 19 $23 puts were purchased for $1.27-$1.40, against open interest of 2,803 contracts. X has not been able to regain the 100-day SMA since the earnings gap below last week. They reported a quarterly loss as sales fell 26.4% in Q1.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (join now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).