2015-05-04 Unusual Options Activity (CVC) (GE)
Posted on May 4th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-05-04 Unusual Options Activity (CVC) (GE)
Unusual Options Activity
- Cablevision Systems (CVC)- 6,000+ Sep $20 calls were purchased for $1.55-$1.80. Call activity was 8x the average daily volume. They topped Q1 earnings and revenue estimates this morning. Average monthly RPC rose 4.8% to $155.34.
- Express Scripts (ESRX)- Over 2,000 Aug $95 calls were bought for $1.50-$1.64. There was sizable June and July call buying last week. They recently announced an accelerated $5.5B share repurchase program and are rumored to a potential acquirer of Omnicare.
- General Electric (GE)- There was sizable buying in the June 19 $28 calls (22,000+ traded) and Sep $28 calls (7,000 + traded). Volume was below the open interest in both options. My article on (GE) from April for TraderPlanet
- Marathon Oil (MRO)- 6,000 May 8 weekly $30 puts were purchased for $0.20-$0.23. Earnings are due out on May 6th (shares have dropped on 5 straight reports).
- SouFun Holdings (SFUN)- Another 33,000+ Nov $6 puts were sold for $0.40, against open interest of 33,656 contracts. There was large selling in these on April 23rd and April 30th.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).