2015-04-29 Unusual Options Activity (ALLE) (GLD)
Posted on April 29th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-29 Unusual Options Activity (ALLE) (GLD)
Unusual Options Activity
- Allegion (ALLE)- The May $55/$60 bear put spread was put on 1,786 times for a $1.40 debit. On average, just 24 puts trade per day. Earnings are due out tonight or tomorrow morning. The long-term uptrend remains intact, but shares have fallen on 2 out of the last 3 reports.
- Boyd Gaming (BYD)- 3,000 May $13 calls were bought for $0.60-$0.65. Earnings are due out tomorrow night. Shares have alternated between up and down post earnings moves in the last 7 quarters with the previous report resulting in a lower close.
- SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD)- The Jan 2016 $110/$120/$140 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $0.32 credit. Volume was below the open interest in all three options. There was massive buying in the June 19 $120 calls for $1.10-$1.25 yesterday (also been bullish options activity in individual gold miners and gold miner ETFs). The FOMC meeting is at 2:00 P.M. EST today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG)- A rollout from 2,494 May 1 weekly $77 puts ($2.02 credit) and 3,561 May 1 weekly $78 puts ($2.82 credit) into 7,000 May 8 weekly $74.50 puts ($1.40 debit). Earnings are due out this week. Shares are retesting the 100 and 200-day SMA ahead of the report.
- Paychex (PAYX)- 7,900 Jan 2016 $50 calls were sold for $1.75-$1.85, against open interest of 12,000 contracts. Check the open interest tomorrow morning, this could be a closing of a long-term bullish position.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).