2015-04-22 Unusual Options Activity (MA) (V)
Posted on April 22nd, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-22 Unusual Options Activity (MA) (V)
Unusual Options Activity
- Best Buy (BBY)- Roughly 2,700 May 15 $35.49 puts were bought for $0.74-$0.76. Earnings are due out in late May. The stock had been trading in an uptrend for about a year, but is starting to rollover.
- BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI)- The Dec $7.50/$10/$15 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $0.40 debit. Wells Fargo said Endo is likely to go after another deal after losing Salix Pharmaceuticals and named BioDelivery as a candidate.
- MasterCard (MA)- 6,600 May 29 weekly $88 puts were sold for $1.16. Earnings are due out on April 29th (shares have moved higher on 3 out of the last 4 reports). There was a report out today that China will allow foreign companies to set up bank card-clearing businesses.
- Micron Technology (MU)- 15,000 June $30 calls were bought for $0.79-$1.07, against open interest of 20,521 contracts. On April 2nd, Bernstein set a $50 price target on the stock. The day before they reported a $0.09 EPS beat, but margins fell to 34%.
- Visa (V)- 8,800 May 29 weekly $66 puts were sold for $0.87. This comes less than 10 minutes after the MA put sale. Shares are trying to breakout above the $70 resistance level ahead of earnings on April 30th.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).