2015-04-21 Unusual Options Activity (GPRE) (HTZ)
Posted on April 21st, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-21 Unusual Options Activity (GPRE) (HTZ)
Unusual Options Activity
- Green Plains (GPRE)- Roughly 1,700 May $31 calls were bought for $1.35-$1.85. Earnings are due out on April 28th (shares have moved higher on 3 of the last 4 reports).
- Hertz Global (HTZ)- More than 10,000 Apr 24 weekly $20.50 calls have traded with the majority bought for $0.50. Yesterday, Thrifty Car Rental, a division of Hertz, announced they are expanding to Singapore.
- Michael Kors (KORS)- 1,500 May 29 weekly $60 puts were purchased for $1.75 early this morning. Yesterday, Mizuho downgraded the stock to neutral, citing competition from Kate Spade and slowing comp growth as a reason.
- Owens Corning (OC)- A rollout from 7,000 May $43 calls ($1.35 credit) into 7,000 June $43 calls ($1.90 debit). This trade occurred yesterday as well. Earnings are due out tomorrow morning.
- Staples (SPLS)- 3,000 Sep $14 puts were sold for $0.55 and 3,000 Jan 2016 $17 calls were purchased for $1.55 (another 2,000 were purchased an hour later). The company stills need to get approval from the FTC to complete the merger with Office Depot.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).