2015-04-17 Unusual Options Activity (HRTX) (OXY)
Posted on April 17th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-17 Unusual Options Activity (HRTX) (OXY)
Unusual Options Activity
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)- 19,000 Oct $2 puts were purchased for $0.15. They reported a Q1 net loss of $180M yesterday as sales fell 23% to $1.03B (both missed estimates). Gross margins came in at 31.7% vs the 34% guidance they issued. Today, Bernstein maintained an underperform rating and a $1.50 price target.
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT)- Another 2,400 Jan 2016 $35 calls were bought for $1.35, against open interest of 14,354 contracts. Open interest was just 177 contracts on April 10th. There has been big buying on 5 of the last 6 trading days.
- Heron Therapeutics (HRTX)- A rollout from 4,000 Apr $12.50 calls ($0.90 credit) into 8,000 June $15/$22.50 call spreads ($2.25 debit). They have Phase 3 data and an NDA filing due out by the end of May and June, respectively.
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY)- 5,000 Aug $90 calls were purchased for $0.80-$0.88, against open interest of 8,980 contracts. Earnings are due out on May 6th. If shares can take out the $82.50 level it sets up for a return to the $90.
- Tractor Supply (TSCO)- Another 1,000 May $90 calls were bought for $2.55, against open interest of 1,139 contracts. My article I put out earlier this morning on (TSCO)
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).