2015-04-16 Unusual Options Activity (FXCM) (GDX)
Posted on April 16th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-16 Unusual Options Activity (FXCM) (GDX)
Unusual Options Activity
- D. R. Horton (DHI)- 2,500 May 15 $30 calls were bought for $0.68, against open interest of 12,545 contracts. Earnings are due out on April 22nd. Shares have moved higher after earnings on 5 out of the last 6 reports.
- FXCM Inc (FXCM)- 2,500 Aug $2 puts were bought for $0.25. The FX broker hasn’t been able to recovery following the Swiss Franc rally in January. On March 18th, Citigroup kept their sell rating, but lowered their price target to $0.50 from $0.75.
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)- Another 10,000 May 1 weekly $20 calls were purchased for $0.48, against open interest of 12,763 contracts. Yesterday, 10,000 were bought for $0.42-$0.46. TraderPlanet article on (GDX) from earlier today
- Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (SMH)- 35,000 May $55 puts were bought for $0.90, against open interest of 18,148 contracts. 50,000 May $53 puts were bought for $1.40 on March 25th and 13,000 Aug $53 puts were bought yesterday for $1.55.
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV)- The Jan 2016 $35/$47.50/$55 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $1.65 debit. This involves buying the $47.50 calls and selling the $35 puts and $55 calls to help finance the trade. Earnings are due out in early May. Stifel Nicolaus believes that a beverage company will probably acquire the organic food products distributor (they have a $50 price target on the stock).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).