2015-04-14 Unusual Options Activity (JPM) (TMO)
Posted on April 14th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-14 Unusual Options Activity (JPM) (TMO)
Unusual Options Activity
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)- 6,100 May 22 weekly $98.50 puts were sold for $1.23. They had a slight beat on Q1 results this morning, but they lowered FY15 EPS guidance on FX concerns.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM)- 5,500 May 22 weekly $61.50 puts were sold for $0.77. They beat Q1 EPS estimates by $0.05 today; equity market revenue was up 22%. The stock is breaking out above the $62 resistance level.
- NetApp (NTAP)- Nearly 7,000 May 15 $36 calls were bought for $0.67-$0.82 in early trading (now more than 12,000 traded). Call activity was 8x the average daily volume as implied volatility spiked 10.6% to 24.78. NTAP has no major resistance until the 50-day EMA (currently at $37).
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS)- 2,500 May 15 $100 puts were bought for $7.10-$7.90. Earnings are due out on April 30th (shares have moved higher after earnings on 6 out of the last 7 reports).
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO)- 2,500+ May $135 calls were purchased for $2.50-$2.65. Call activity was 4x the average daily volume. Earnings are due out on April 22nd. At Delivering Alpha last summer, Larry Robbins and Omega’s Cooperman had Thermo Fisher has their top picks.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).