2015-04-09 Unusual Options Activity (DLPH) (LL)
Posted on April 9th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-09 Unusual Options Activity (DLPH) (LL)
Unusual Options Activity
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW)- A rollout from 2,200 Apr $30 calls ($1.95 credit) into 2,200 Apr $32.50 calls ($0.60 debit). On April 1st, Cowen lowered their price target to $35 from $38, but kept their outperform rating. $34-$35 is the next major resistance level.
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH)- 1,000 May $82.50 calls were purchased for $3.30-$3.40. On April 6th, there was sizable buying in the Apr $82.50 calls. Morgan Stanley raised their price target to $105 from $90 on that same day. Earnings due out on April 20th.
- Lumber Liquidators (LL)- 3,000 Apr 10 weekly $34.50 calls were bought for $0.30-$0.50. The buyer of 6,000 Apr 10 weekly $31/$36 call spreads on March 30th-31st sold 1,000 of those today after selling 2,000 on April 6th-7th. Action from March 31st in (LL)
- Macerich (MAC)- The June $75/$85 bull risk reversal was put on 5,000 times for a $0.70 debit. They rejected Simon Property Group’s $16.8B takeover offer last week. Both are 2 of the 3 biggest shopping mall owners in the United States.
- Taser (TASR)- More than 2,900 Apr $28 calls have traded with the majority being bought for $0.25-$0.45 (May and June calls also seeing buyers step in). Call activity was over 5x the average volume. The London Police Department ordered and has received 178 AXON body cameras in Q1 (announced today).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).