2015-04-06 Unusual Options Activity (OKE) (WWAV)
Posted on April 6th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-06 Unusual Options Activity (OKE) (WWAV)
Unusual Options Activity
- PowerShares DB Agriculture (DBA)- More than 5,000 July $23 puts have traded with the majority bought for $0.83-$0.85. The agriculture ETF typically trades 139 puts per day, but is seeing this action come hitting resistance at the 10-week exponential moving average.
- ONEOK (OKE)- Over 6,000 Apr 17 $50 calls were sold for $0.80-$0.90, against open interest of 17,279 contracts. There was large buying in these on March 30th for $0.45-$0.60.
- Outerwall (OUTR)- The May 15 $70/$80 bull call spread was put on 2,000 times for a $2.00 debit. Q1 earnings are due out on May 7th (shares have moved higher after earnings on 6 straight reports).
- Spectra Energy (SE)- The May $34/$38 bull risk reversal was put on 10,000 times for a $0.05 credit. Spectra Energy plans on increasing capex spending more than 30% to $2.8B over the next few years (most have been cutting).
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV)- A rollout from 3,000 July $45/$50 call spreads ($1.75 credit) into 2,000 Oct $47.50/$55 call spreads ($2.20 debit). Call activity was 5x the average daily volume. Last fall, Stifel (buy rating) highlighted WhiteWave as an M&A target of the larger beverage companies.
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).