2015-04-02 Unusual Options Activity (IDRA) (INTC)
Posted on April 2nd, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-04-02 Unusual Options Activity (IDRA) (INTC)
Unusual Options Activity
- Applied Materials (AMAT)- The July $25/$30 bull call spread was put on 5,373 times for a $0.77 debit. Volume was below the open interest in both options. The company has a pending merger with Tokyo Electron that will be headquartered in the Netherlands (tax inversion, synergies).
- Idera Pharmaceuticals (IDRA)- 2,500 Apr $3.50 calls were purchased for $0.35. Call activity was 4x the average daily volume. They were granted orphan drug designation for IMO-8400 yesterday. IMO-8400 is for the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Intel (INTC)- Over 8,000 Apr 10 weekly $32 calls were bought for $0.14, against open interest of 5,957 contracts. Today, they announced their annual shareholder meeting will be on May 21st. Intel is also rumored to be interested in acquiring Altera.
- Staples (SPLS)- The Jan 2017 $13/$17/$22 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 5,000 times for a $0.10 debit. The $6.3B acquisition of Office Depot is likely to close by the end of the year.
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish ETF (UUP)- 60,000 June $25 puts were purchased for $0.22-$0.23, against open interest of 265,809 contracts. A close below the 10-week EMA would signal a trend reversal in the U.S. dollar ETF (currently $25.43).
Options Reports (20-40+ large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).