2015-03-27 Unusual Options Activity (CTRP) (LL)
Posted on March 27th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2015-03-27 Unusual Options Activity (CTRP) (LL)
Unusual Options Activity
- Ctrip.com (CTRP)- A rollout from 2,000 Apr 17 $50 calls ($7.85 credit) into 4,000 Apr 17 $57.50 calls ($2.25 debit). On March 20th, Brean Capital raised their price target to $70 from $65.
- Exelon (EXC)- Large buying in the Apr $31, $32, and $33 puts this morning. Put activity was 11x the average daily volume. Talk of rising rates later this year would make the need for “bond-like” stocks like EXC less attractive.
- Jive Software (JIVE)- 55,000 May $5 puts were sold for $0.25-$0.30. Typically trades 1,742 puts per day. Shares having basing around $4.90-$5.15 over the last month.
- Lumber Liquidators (LL)- A rollout from 1,500 Apr 17 $40 puts ($9.50 credit) into 1,500 May 15 $30 puts ($4.00 debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. The Feds confirmed this week that they are investigating the company on concerns of their Chinese made laminates.
- Pepsico (PEP)- 5,000 Apr 10 weekly $96 calls were bought for $0.96-$1.15. Implied volatility rose 6.7% to 20.32. Apr 17 $105 call open interest continues to hover around the 95,000 mark.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).