2015-03-25 Unusual Options Activity (EWJ) (NRG)
Unusual Options Activity
- American Airlines (AAL)- A rollout from 8,000 Mar 27 weekly $53 puts ($0.44 credit) into 8,000 Apr 10 weekly $52 puts ($0.88-$0.92 debit). Shares continue to struggle to sustain moves above the $55-$56 resistance level.
- Entergy (ETR)- 1,000 June $82.50 calls were bought for $0.90-$1.00 each. Typically trades 169 calls per day. The 14%+ decline since December has brought the dividend yield up to 4.27%.
- iShares MSCI Japan ETF (EWJ)- 20,893 Apr 2 weekly $12.50 calls were sold for $0.39 each, against open interest of 85,837 contracts. Traders started purchasing these calls in size on February 19th for $0.11-$0.16.
- NRG Energy (NRG)- 2,000 Apr $25 puts were sold for $0.67 each. This trader is betting on $25 being the floor in NRG Energy through April options expiration, but if it does in fact close below the strike price on expiration he/she faces owning 200,000 shares at $25 each.
- NVIDIA (NVDA)- 4,000 Apr 17 $22 puts were purchased for $0.54-$0.78 each, against open interest of 7,574 contracts. Shares are setting up for a retest of the $21 breakout level from February. On March 23rd, Goldman Sachs downgraded the stock to sell from neutral with a $20 price target.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).