2015-03-24 Unusual Options Activity (ARRY) (QRVO)
Unusual Options Activity
- Array Biopharma (ARRY)- Nearly 6,000 Sep $8 calls have traded with the majority bought for $1.70-$1.95 each. They have Phase 2 and 3 data coming later this year. The stock has been consolidating between $7.50 and $8.50 for the last two months.
- Peabody Energy (BTU)- Over 22,000 Mar 27 weekly $6.50 calls have traded with the majority bought for $0.10-$0.15 each. Call activity was 6x the average daily volume. Shares have no major resistance until the $7 level.
- Iron Mountain (IRM)- A rollout from 1,800 Apr $37.50 calls ($1.05 credit) into 1,800 July $40 calls ($1.05 debit).
- Qorvo (QRVO)- A rollout from 1,811 May $80 calls ($8.55 credit) into 2,415 May $85 calls ($5.80 debit). The big buyer of 7,000 May $70/$80 bull call spreads from February 20th remains in open interest. Earnings are due out on April 22nd.
- Repros Therapeutics (RPRX)- 2,000 Apr $9 calls were bought for $1.05-$1.20 each, against open interest of 3,949 contracts. On March 16th, Brean Capital maintained a buy rating and a $41 price target.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).