2015-03-23 Unusual Options Activity (APC) (CZR)
Unusual Options Activity
- Andarko Petroleum (APC)- Another 9,000 Aug $95 calls were purchased for $2.20-$2.31 each, against open interest of 18,856 contracts. There was large buying on March 6th and 16th too that led to the 18,000+ in open interest.
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR)- A rollout from 5,000 Mar 27 weekly $10 calls ($0.10 credit) into 5,000 Apr 2 weekly $10 calls ($0.40 debit). The trader is booking a $0.40 loss on the Mar 27 weekly calls, but wants to extend the trade an additional week.
- Ensco (ESV)- The June $16/$20 bear put spread was put on 10,000 times for a $0.95 debit. (NOV) is a provider of drilling equipment and components and (ESV) is an offshore driller. Both seeing bearish options activity.
- National-Oilwell Varco (NOV)- The Aug $37.50/$47.50 bear put spread was put on another 4,000 times for a $2.66 debit. This trade was put on Friday as well. Along with many oil stocks, (NOV) hasn’t been able to close above the 10-week EMA since August/September.
- Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (SMH)- 5,000 Apr $58 puts were purchased for $1.35 each. Intel, Taiwan Semiconductor, and Texas Instruments are the three largest holdings in the ETF.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).