2015-03-18 Unusual Options Activity (ORCL) (PM)
Unusual Options Activity
- AK Steel (AKS)- 6,000 Mar 27 weekly $4.50 calls were purchased for $0.08-$0.09 each. Other steel stocks, United States Steel, Steel Dynamics, and Nucor, have all saw big upside call buying in recent weeks.
- ING Groep NV (ING)- 5,000+ Oct $15 calls were bought for $0.95-$1.05 each, following yesterday’s buyer of 14,000 Oct $15 calls. 2/3rds of the current total call open interest is from these Oct calls.
- Oracle (ORCL)- 7,400 Apr 24 weekly $43 puts were sold for $0.48 each. The company raised their dividend 25% last night, but missed on Q3 revenue estimates (on a constant currency basis they were up 6%).
- Philip Morris International (PM)- A rollout from 3,615 June $80 puts ($4.91 credit) into 3,108 June $77.50 puts ($3.50 debit) today. 8,000 Apr 17 $75 puts were purchased for $0.67-$0.69 each on March 10th.
- Prudential Financial (PRU)- Roughly 3,000 Apr $85 calls were bought for $0.88-$0.99 each, against open interest of 17,550 contracts. The vast majority of the current open interest is due to buying on March 6th for $1.50-$1.82 each. Both of today’s trades in (PRU) and (ING) are especially interesting since they come ahead of the Fed at 2:00 P.M. EST.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).