2015-03-17 Unusual Options Activity (AAL) (XLY)
Unusual Options Activity
- American Airlines Group (AAL)- A rollout from 2,000 Mar 20 $50 calls ($2.89 credit) into 5,000 May 15 $57.50 calls ($1.74 debit). It was announced yesterday that (AAL) will be replacing Allergan (AGN) in the S&P 500.
- HCP Inc (HCP)- Another 1,000+ Apr $42.50 calls were bought for $0.35-$0.40 each early this morning, against open interest of 14,788 contracts. There was big buying in these calls yesterday.
- ING Groep NV (ING)- 14,000 Oct $15 calls were purchased for $0.87-$1.00 each. Call activity was 54x the average daily volume. Prior to this action, total call open interest was just 6,941 contracts.
- Medtronic (MDT)- Another 1,000 Mar 27 weekly $75.50 puts were sold for $0.50-$0.51 each (4,250 were sold for $0.98 each on 2/18). Analysis on (MDT) from 3/13
- Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLY)- Another 20,000 June $73 outs were bought for $1.70 each (happened on 3/9 too). Despite the bearish (or protective) activity, names like Walt Disney, Home Depot, and Comcast are still leading the market.
Options Reports (20-40 large trades per day, open interest updates, and a list of notable activity I’m monitoring) are included in my ORM Equity/Option Trader Subscription Service for $9.99 per month (available now!).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about my 1 on 1 equity/options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills (courses start as low as $55!).