2014-12-01 Smart Money Report (LGF) (XOP)
Posted on December 1st, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-12-01 Smart Money Report (LGF) (XOP)
Smart Money Report
- AAL- A likely rollout from 3,500 Dec 5 weekly $46.50 calls (credit) into 4,880 Dec 5 weekly $48.50 calls (debit). Volume above the open interest in the Dec 5 weekly $48.50 calls. My article on American Airlines from Thursday
- LGF- 7,000 Dec $37 calls were bought for $0.40 each, against open interest of 12,306 contracts. There was large buying in these Lions Gate Entertainment calls on November 20th. Implied volatility initially rose 9.4% to 38.66. Shares of (LGF) are now retesting the $35-$36 resistance level.
- MRO- A rollout from 2,000 Dec 20 $31 puts (credit) into 3,500 Jan 17 2015 $27 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 17 2015 $27 puts. This trader is taking profits on the December Marathon Oil puts and is extending the trade an additional month with expectations of new lows to follow by early next year.
- RSX- 9,500 Dec 5 weekly $20.50 puts were sold for $1.05-$1.10 each, against open interest of 9,588 contracts. He/she bought the Russia ETF puts for $0.20 on November 25th. The (RSX) rallied more than 1% after the trade was closed out.
- XOP- A rollout from 7,679 Dec 20 $52 puts (credit) into 10,000 Jan 17 2015 $47 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 17 2015 $47 puts. The SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF is hitting two years lows today, dropping for the fifth consecutive trading session.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.