2014-11-05 Smart Money Report (BABA) (C)
Posted on November 5th, by Mitchell Warren in Free Articles, Options Risk Management, Smart Money Report, Unusual Options Activity. Comments Off on 2014-11-05 Smart Money Report (BABA) (C)
Smart Money Report
- BABA- 6,826 Nov 22 $115 calls were sold for $1.35 each, against open interest of 3,732 contracts. Yesterday, Alibaba reported Q2 EPS of $0.45 vs the $0.45 estimate revenue of $2.74B vs the $2.61B estimate (54% year over year increase).
- C- 10,000 Jan 2015 $52.50 puts were sold for $1.36-$1.39 each, against open interest of 15,250 contracts. Citigroup book value in the latest quarter filing was $67.11 per share.
- CAT- Roughly 10,000 Jan 2015 $105 calls were purchased for $1.15-$1.39 each, against open interest of 7,652 contracts. Shares of Caterpillar were unable to sustain a move above the 40-week SMA and are so far seeing sellers step in this week. The moving average is currently at $101.43.
- FSLR- A rollout from 3,000 Nov 7 weekly $52.50 puts (credit) into 3,000 Nov 22 $54 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Nov 22 $54 puts. First Solar Q3 earnings are due out tomorrow night. The stock has dropped after earnings on 5 out of the last 7 reports.
- USO- More than 30,000 Jan 2015 $28 puts were bought for $0.89-$1.01 each, against open interest of 27,517 contracts. The put to call ratio is 2:1 in the oil ETF. Net put premium is +$1.2M vs net call premium of +$255K. My commentary on the USO for TraderPlanet
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.