2014-10-03 Smart Money Report (JIVE) (SPLS)
Smart Money Report
- ACAS- Large buying in the Jan 2015 $14 and $15 calls today (also buying in the Oct and Nov $14 calls). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2015 $14 calls. Call activity is 6x the average daily volume. The stock is down 8% from the September close at $15.42. Yesterday, American Capital Agency announced the sale of Avalon Laboratories to Nordson (NDSN) for $180M.
- CVS- 3,955 Oct 31 weekly $79 puts were sold for $0.75 each, against open interest of 264 contracts. Shares of CVS Health are now starting to bounce off of the test of the 50-day EMA (which is near $79).
- EMC- A likely rollout from 40,000 Jan 2015 $31 calls (credit) into 40,000 Apr 2015 $31 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Apr 2015 $31 calls. Earnings are due out on 10/22. Spinning off or selling their 80% stake in VMware (VMW) has been a rumored catalyst for EMC shares.
- JIVE- 6,000 Nov $6 calls were sold for $0.50 each, against open interest of 101 contracts. On average, only 831 calls trade per day in Jive Software. Earnings are due out on 10/29.
- SPLS- 3,500 Dec $14 calls were bought for $0.15 each, against open interest of 18,448 contracts. Staples shares are now filling the gap from the September 2nd move. There was large buying in the Dec $13 and $14 calls last month. Total call open interest is 183,677 vs total put open interest of 100,670 contracts.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!