2014-10-02 Smart Money Report (VMC) (ZBRA)
Smart Money Report
- AMJ- A rollout from 3,000 Oct $51 puts (credit) into 3,000 Nov $51 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Nov $51 puts. The MLP ETN is printing a bullish hammer on the test of the $51 level today. (AMJ) currently has a dividend yield of 4.41%.
- DB- 5,000 Jan 2015 $35 calls were bought for $1.40-$1.45 each, against open interest of 7,060 contracts. There was large buying in these Deutsche Bank calls on September 5th. My commentary on (DB) from September 11th for TraderPlanet.com.
- IAG- Over 4,800 Dec $2.50 puts were bought for $0.20 each, against open interest of 41,822 contracts. There was large buying in these IAMGOLD puts from September 19th-23rd. Declining gold prices continue to weight on miners like (IAG).
- VMC- 5,000 Nov $60 calls were purchased for $2.14-$2.15 each, against open interest of 574 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 100,000 shares. There was large buying in the Vulcan Materials Feb 2015 $70 calls on August 22nd and September 26th. On September 30th, (VMC) announced they completed six acquisitions in Q3 for $320M total.
- ZBRA- A rollout from 2,000 Nov $75 calls (credit) into 2,000 Nov $70 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Nov $70 calls. Earlier this week they rolled the $80 calls into the $75 calls. Zebra Technologies shares are down for the 4th consecutive trading day.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!