2014-10-01 Smart Money Report (LUV) (TKMR)
Smart Money Report
- ACHC- 3,000 Dec $45 puts were sold for $1.55 each, against open interest of 84 contracts. The stock is now trading at the uptrend line from April after the pullback from $52 in the last week.
- DG- The Jan 2015 $52.50/$65/$75 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 10,000 times for a $0.95 debit. Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2015 $52.50 puts and the Jan 2015 $65 calls. Dollar General continues to go after Family Dollar Stores as a takeover candidate.
- LUV- The Nov $33 straddle was put on 5,000 times for a $2.75 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options.He/she thinks shares of Southwest Airlines stay around the $33 level through November options expiration. Earnings are due out on October 23rd.
- SFM- 2,500 Nov $30 calls were purchased for $1.10 each, against open interest of 139 contracts. On 9/25, there was large buying in the Sprouts Farmers Market Oct $30 calls. On average, only 834 calls trade per day.
- TKMR- Roughly 2,000 Mar 2015 $35 calls were purchased for $3.00-$3.10 each, against open interest of 26 contracts. Tekmira Pharmaceuticals is working on a drug for Ebola and RBC thinks (TKMR) may launch a clinical trial on it later this year. Call activity is 3x the average daily volume.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!