2014-09-30 Smart Money Report (DHR) (KORS)
Smart Money Report
- DHR- The Mar 2015 $70/$80 bull risk reversal was put on 7,500 times for a $0.65 debit. Volume was below the open interest in both options. This was tied to 500,000 shares. This trade was put on 7,500 times yesterday too. Bank of America said Danaher may buy Agilent Technologies’ Life Science division post the split.
- KORS- 3,000 Nov 22 $80 calls were bought for $1.15 each, against open interest of 7,043 contracts. There was sizable put selling in the Michael Kors Oct 18 $70 puts yesterday.
- PAAS- More than 6,000 Nov $11 puts were sold for $0.60 each, against open interest of 486 contracts. The stock is nearing a test of prior resistance from last year near $11. There have been several put sales in the gold and silver miners recently (betting on the correction at least pausing in the next couple of months).
- ZBRA- A rollout from 2,000 Nov $80 calls (credit) into 2,000 Nov $75 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Nov $75 calls. The Nov $80 calls were bought for around $1.50 (sold for $0.55 each today). Shares of Zebra Technologies are down 19% from the June highs.
- ZQK- 8,000 Jan 2016 $2 puts were bought for $0.70-$0.72 each, against open interest of 26 contracts. The long-term downtrend remains intact. Quiksilver has missed EPS estimates on 4 straight reports (all 4 times were for a quarterly loss).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!