2014-09-29 Smart Money Report (BABA) (KORS)
Smart Money Report
- BABA- The Nov $85/$95 strangle was put on 3,000 times for a $7.30 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. The trader is betting that Alibaba shares will stay between $85-$95 on November options expiration.
- BABA- 2,500 Dec $95 calls were sold for $4.30 each, against open interest of 0 contracts. On the 1st day of trading in (BABA) options traders/investors don’t see the stock eclipsing the IPO day high anytime soon. Implied volatility has fallen from the low 40’s to now just under 38%.
- KORS- Over 4,300 Oct 18 $70 puts were sold for $1.40 each, against open interest of 3,767 contracts. The trader sees Michael Kors stock holding above the $70 level through October 17th, possibly ending a near 30% slide in the share price from May.
- MCHP- A likely rollout from 2,000 Jan 2015 $50 calls (credit) into 2,000 Oct $48 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Oct $48 calls. Q2 earnings aren’t expected to be released until after October options expiration (10/28 or 10/29).
- WMT- 11,000 Nov 22 $80 calls were purchased for $0.28-$0.30 each, against open interest of 15,663 contracts. Wal-Mart Stores Oct 18 and Nov 22 calls have been actively bought in the past month, but the stock remains in a tight $2 range.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!