2014-09-04 Smart Money Report (IRM) (RHT)
Smart Money Report
- BMY- 5,000 Jan 2015 $52.50 calls were bought for $1.61-$1.72 each, against open interest of 32,098 contracts. On 8/25, 4,500 Jan 2015 $52.50 calls were bought for $1.66 each.
- DKS- A rollout from 3,000 Sep $43/$46 call spreads (credit) into 3,000 Oct $46/$49 call spreads (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Oct $46 and $49 calls.
- IRM- Over 7,700 Oct $37.50 calls have traded with the majority being purchased for $0.35-$0.40 each, against open interest of 5,540. The call to put ratio is 15:1. Call activity is 7x the average daily volume. Implied volatility rose 13.5% to 25.39. Elliott Management took a position in Iron Mountain shares in Q2.
- RHT- The Sep $62.50/$67.50 call spread was put on 5,268 times for a $1.45 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Red Hat earnings are due out on 9/18.
- WMT- 9,800 Oct 18 $77.50 calls were purchased for $0.67 each, against open interest of 16,364 contracts. Over 12,000 of these calls were bought on 8/21.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!