2014-08-28 Smart Money Report (FRO) (QIHU)
Smart Money Report
- AMAT- 5,000 Apr 2015 $25 calls were purchased for $1.24-$1.25 each, against open interest of 76 contracts. Large open interest still remains in upside calls in the Jan 2015 options expiration.
- CTL- 2,000 Jan 2016 $40 calls were bought for $3.50 each, against open interest of 5,824 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 110,000 shares.
- FRO- 10,000 Jan 2015 $2 puts were purchased for $0.30 and 10,000 Jan 2015 $2 calls were sold for $0.45-$0.50 each. Volume was above the open interest in both options. This bear risk reversal (or collar) in Frontline is profitable below $2.20 on Jan 2015 options expiration.
- GES- The Jan 2016 $20/$28 bull risk reversal was put on 2,000 times for a $0.65 debit. Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2016 $28 calls. Guess? missed Q3 EPS, revenue estimates and lowered FY15 EPS and revenue guidance this morning.
- QIHU- 2,000 Mar 2015 $90 calls were purchased for $11.70 each, against open interest of 133 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 112,000 shares. On 8/25, Qihoo 360 Technology reported Q2 EPS of $0.50 vs the $0.48 estimate and revenue of $317.9M vs the $310.5M estimate. They issued Q3 revenue guidance of $360-$365M vs the $357.66M estimate. Total monthly active users in June 2014 was 496M vs 461M in June 2013. The stock is down nearly 13% from the close on Friday.
Summer Sale: From now until Sunday, August 31st, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!