2014-08-26 Smart Money Report (ASML) (SCTY)
Smart Money Report
- ASML- Nearly 7,000 Oct $105 calls have traded with the majority being purchased for $0.75-$0.85 each, against open interest of 128 contracts. The call to put ratio is 29:1. Call activity is 15x the average daily volume. Implied volatility rose 6.2% to 22.98. The stock is retesting the $96 level from July. ASML Holdings trades at a P/E ratio of 20.22x (2015 estimates) with 42.7% EPS growth (3.9% this year), 17.2% revenue growth (9% this year), P/S ratio of 5.04x, P/B ratio of 4.02x, 0.88% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $90.01. On 7/31, Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to overweight from sector perform.
- CPA- Another 1,400 Feb 2015 $130 calls were bought for $7.30 each, against open interest of 1,506 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 58,800 shares. There was also stock tied to the call buying on 8/14. On average, only 175 calls trade per day. The stock goes ex-dividend tomorrow (currently has a 3.07% dividend yield).
- DOW- 15,000 Jan 2015 $57.50 calls were bought for $0.84 and 5,000 Jan 2015 $52.50 puts were sold for $2.52 each. Volume was above the open interest in both options. This works out to a $0.00 debit bull risk reversal. The trader sees profits above $57.50 and losses below $52.50 on Jan 2015 options expiration.
- MRK- 3,000 Oct 18 $60 calls were bought for $1.13-$1.21 each, against open interest of 27,706 contracts. The call to put ratio is 4:1.
- SCTY- 4,000 Apr 2015 $70 calls were bought for $12.60-$12.85 each, against open interest of 6 contracts. The call to put ratio is over 2:1. Net call premium is +$5.4M vs the net put premium of +$230K. SolarCity shares have been consolidating in the $69-$75 range for the last 5 weeks. The average analyst price target is currently $82.95 (1 sell rating, 3 hold ratings, 5 buy ratings).
Summer Sale: From now until Sunday, August 31st, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!