2014-08-22 Smart Money Report (DRI) (EGN)
Smart Money Report
- DRI- The Jan 2015 $43/$50 bull risk reversal was put on 3,500 times for a $0.15 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Darden Restaurants has earnings due out on 9/12. Clarence Otis (CEO) will step down by the end of the year. Starboard Value (activist investor) is trying to replace the 12 person board (already have 3 seats on the board).
- EGN- 2,000 Oct $80 calls were bought for $1.70 each, against open interest of 78 contracts. The call to put ratio is 173:1. Call activity is 29x the average daily volume. Energen trades at a P/E ratio of 24.40x (2015 estimates) with 14.7% EPS growth (-9% this year), 11.2% revenue growth (-12.3% this year), P/S ratio of 3.08x, P/B ratio of 1.91x, 0.79% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $101.73. On 8/4, Canaccord Genuity lowered their price target to $110 from $128. One major negative is that 2014 EPS estimates continue to decline ($2.72 from $2.95 3 months ago).
- HLF- A rollout from 28,000 Jan 2015 $50 puts (credit) into 32,200 Jan 2016 $50 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2016 $50 puts. The put to call ratio in Herbalife is 17:1. Put activity is over 4x the average daily volume.
- SNI- Nearly 900 Dec $80 calls were bought for $5.10 each, against open interest of 70 contracts. Typically trades 192 calls per day.
- VMC- 3,000 Feb 2015 $70 calls were bought for $2.45-$2.50 each, against open interest of 63 contracts. 7,335 sets in open interest in the Nov $65 calls from large buying on 8/11 and 8/18.
Summer Sale: From now until Sunday, August 31st, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!