2014-08-15 Smart Money Report (CF) (NGD)
Smart Money Report
- AMAT- Roughly 7,000 Oct $22 calls were bought for $1.26 each, against open interest of 43,650 contracts. Last night, they reported Q3 EPS of $0.28 vs the $0.27 estimate and revenue of $2.27B vs the $2.29B estimate. Gross margins rose 2.6% to 45.5% year over year. They expect Q4 EPS of $0.25-$0.29 vs the $0.27 estimate.
- CF- A rollout from 6,000 Jan 2015 $290 calls (credit) into 6,000 Jan 2016 $300 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Jan 2016 $300 calls. CF Industries raised their quarterly dividend 50% to $1.50 per share and authorized an additional $1B billion buyback through Dec 31st, 2016.
- EJ- 4,938 Jan 2015 $10 puts were sold for $0.90 each, against open interest of 206 contracts. The uptrend from June remains intact (buying opportunities have been on pullbacks to the middle Bollinger Band).
- NGD- 9,000 Jan 2016 $10 calls were bought for $0.55 each, against open interest of 5,462 contracts. Shares of New Gold continue to struggle with resistance in the $6.50-$6.75 level.
- ORCL- 13,000 Sep 26 weekly $39 puts were sold for $0.53 each, against open interest of 685 contracts. Oracle shares have held twice this month on a test of $39.50.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!