2014-08-13 Smart Money Report (CLNY) (GNRC)
Smart Money Report
- CLNY- 2,000 Dec $22.50 calls were purchased for $0.50-$0.60 each, against open interest of 87 contracts. Typically trades 52 calls per day. The total call open interest is 2,354 contracts. Colony Financial trades at a P/E ratio of 11.63x (2015 estimates) with 20% EPS growth (6.2% this year), 37.3% revenue growth (61.6% this year), P/S ratio of 11.91x, P/B ratio of 0.96x, 6.66% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $22.53. On 8/5, they reported Q2 EPS of $0.43 vs the $0.39 estimate.
- GFI- 5,000 Oct $4 puts were sold for $0.22 each, against open interest of 1,575 contracts. Earnings are due out on 8/21. Options activity in the gold miners has been bullish in recent weeks.
- GNRC- 9,337 Nov $52.50 calls were purchased for $1.35 each, against open interest of 121 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 240,000 Generac shares. The call to put ratio is 73:1. Call activity is 23x the average daily volume.
- MPC- 5,000 Sep 20 $90 calls were bought for $1.55 each, against open interest of 1,722 contracts. The call to put ratio is 42:1. Call activity is over 2x the average daily volume. Marathon Petroleum has major resistance at $90 (near-term resistance at $88).
- MSFT- 8,647 Nov $48 calls were purchased for $0.46 each, against open interest of 447 contracts. Not long after this trade there was a likely rollout from 6,000 Oct $42 calls (credit) into 12,000 Oct $45 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!