2014-08-04 Smart Money Report (AZN) (CVS)
Smart Money Report
- AZN- The Jan 2015 $65/$80/$90 bull call spread risk reversal was put on 10,000 times for a $0.35 debit. Volume was below the open interest in all three options. Net call premium is +$2.2M vs net put premium of -$1.9M.
- CVS- More than 5,000 Sep 20 $75 puts were sold for $1.12-$1.19 each, against open interest of 312 contracts. Earnings are due out on 8/5. The stock has moved higher after earnings on 4 out of the last 5 reports. CVS Caremark shares were down 4 out of 5 last week, which brought the stock to test the 50-day EMA. CVS trades at a P/E ratio of 15.25x (2015 estimates) with 12.8% EPS growth (11.5% this year), 4.6% revenue growth (5.7% this year), 1.43% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $82. On 6/6, Susquehanna raised their price target to $90 from $85.
- GSK- 9,249 Jan 2015 $50 calls were bought for $1.10 each, against open interest of 1,208 contracts. The call to put ratio is 6:1. Call activity is 10x the average daily volume. GlaxoSmithKline trades at a P/E ratio of 13.42x (2015 estimates) with 8.1% EPS growth (-4.8% this year), 5.6% revenue growth (-4.2% this year), P/S ratio of 2.78x, P/B ratio of 11.16x, 5.48% dividend yield (goes ex-dividend on 8/6), and has an average analyst price target of $54. Beaufort Securities and Shore Capital both maintained buy ratings on the stock this morning. Last month the stock did breakthrough long-term support at the 40-week SMA.
- MPEL- 2,500 Jan 2015 $36 calls were purchased for $2.15 each, against open interest of 3,740 contracts. Earnings are due out on 8/7. 40,456 still sets in open interest in the Jan 2016 $39.66 calls from buying earlier in the year. On 7/9, JPMorgan Chase lowered their price target to $46 from $47.
- XLU- The Sep 20 $39/$41 bull risk reversal was put on 20,000 times for a $0.25 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. The Utility ETF is down 8% from the highs and is nearing a test of the 200-day SMA.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!