2014-07-24 Smart Money Report (AMZN) (BIDU)
Smart Money Report
- AMZN- Amazon.com will report Q2 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts are looking for Analysts are looking for -$0.15 in EPS and revenue of $19.3B. The options market is implying a $22.20 move, or 6.15%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio is currently 1.18. There was large buying in the Oct $400 calls on 4/10 and 4/10 for $6.95-$8.20. Open interest currently sits at 10,500 contracts. The stock has closed higher the day after earnings on 4 out of the last 7 reports (down after the last 2 reports).
- BIDU- Baidu is also going to report earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts are looking for $7.97 in EPS and revenue of $11.9B. The options market is implying a $14.00 move, or 6.85%, in either direction through Friday’s close. The call to put ratio is currently 1.65, led by a buyer of 2,120 July 25 weekly 1×2 $210/$225 ratio call spreads for a $2.90 debit. This was likely done against an existing long stock position to leverage the trade without adding any additional shares. The stock has closed higher the day after earnings on 4 straight reports (down on the 3 prior reports).
- BID- The Oct $43/$50 call spread was put on 15,000 times for a $1.05 debit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. The call to put ratio is 22:1. Call activity is 38x the average daily volume. Net call premium is +$2M vs net put premium of +$53K. This was tied to a sale of 360,000 shares of stock. Earnings are due out on 8/6.
- NTRI- 2,500 Sep $18 calls were sold for $1.00-$1.05 each, against open interest of 618 contracts. Earnings are due out on 7/29. Despite the uptrend in the stock this year, there is major resistance in the $18-$19 level from last year.
- WEC- 3,000 Jan 2015 $50 calls were bought for $0.30 each, against open interest of 1,732 contracts. The call to put ratio is 75:1. Call activity is 11x the average daily volume. Earnings are due out on 7/30. This was rumored as a target of Warren Buffett’s earlier this year.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!