2014-07-18 Smart Money Report (HD) (TTS)
Smart Money Report
- CIEN- 2,500 Jan 2015 $20 puts were sold for $2.21 each, against open interest of 3,648 contracts. 1,000 were sold for $2.07-$2.08 on 7/10. Since soaring higher on 6/5 following a better than expected Q2 earnings report, Ciena shares have been filling the gap.
- HD- A rollout from 7,699 July 25 weekly $78 puts (debit) into 7,699 Aug 29 weekly $78 puts (credit). Volume was above the open interest in the Aug 29 weekly puts. Home Depot shares printed a bullish hammer at $78 earlier this month (also around the 200-day SMA).
- KO- 8,921 Aug 16 $42 calls were purchased for $0.85 each, against open interest of 31,687 contracts. Earnings are due out on 7/22. On 7/16, Nomura maintained a buy rating on Coca-Cola, but raised their price target to $54 from $53.50.
- TTS- Another 1,250 Feb 2015 $12.50 calls were bought for $1.35 each, against open interest of 4,167 contracts. There was large buying in these yesterday. Tile Shop shares are down 65% from the 2013 highs.
- TWX- The Jan 2015 $77.50/$85/$95 bull risk reversal was put on 2,500 times for a $1.60 debit. Volume was below the open interest in both options. Time Warner recently rejected a takeover offer from Twenty First Century Fox.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!