2014-06-30 Smart Money Report (AAPL) (BBRY)
Smart Money Report
- AAPL- Over 24,000 Sep. $105 calls have traded today with the majority being purchased for $0.80-$0.85 each, against open interest of 1,063 contracts. The call to put ratio is nearly 3:1. Implied volatility rose 8.8% to 21.93. Apple will report earnings on 7/23.
- BBRY- 10,000 Jan. 2015 $9 puts were sold for $0.91 each, against open interest of 1,446 contracts. BlackBerry has support at the $9 level on the daily chart with no major resistance until $10.85-$10.90.
- CNP- Sizable buying in the July $25 and $26 calls this morning. Call activity was over 3x the average daily volume. Implied volatility rose 18.9% to 28.44. The stock is breaking out above the $25.29 resistance level from 5/1. (CNP) trades at a P/E ratio of 20.60x (2015 estimates) with 6.9% EPS growth, 2.2% revenue growth, P/S ratio of 1.23x, 3.71% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $26.
- MCK- The Aug. $185/$190 1×2 ratio call spread was put on 2,500 times for a $0.90 credit. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Earnings are due out on 7/24. This trade was likely done against an open long stock position to leverage the holding without adding more stock.
- NXST- 2,000 July $50 calls were sold for $2.70-$2.80 each, against open interest of 18,192 contracts. Shares of Nexstar Broadcasting Group are up over 18% from the Supreme Court ruling against Aereo last week.
Summer Sale: From now until the end of August, annual memberships are only $225 (25% off of the regular $299.95 price). This is available for new and existing members. Check out our updated 2014 options performance page here (all stock trades are posted on the Weekend Market Updates).
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!