2014-06-25 Smart Money Report (MPC) (NAT)
Smart Money Report
- FB- A rollout from 20,000 July 19 $65 calls (credit) into 60,000 July 19 $70 calls (debit). Volume was below the open interest in both options. I still look for Facebook to complete the measured move to $72 soon.
- MPC- 4,500 Oct. $90 calls were purchased for $1.80 each, against open interest of 879 contracts. The call to put ratio is 2:1. Call activity is over 4x the average daily volume. Net call premium is +$599K vs. net put premium of +$311K. Implied volatility rose 20.3% to 29.91. The stock broke through the 200-day SMA, but has support at the $80 level. Marathon Petroleum trades at a P/E ratio of 7.83x (2015 estimates) with 20% EPS growth, -1.1% revenue growth (-6.6% this year), P/S ratio of 0.27x, 2.09% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $105. There news that the Obama administration has paved the way for exports of unrefined oil (1st time in 40 years) today.
- NAT- Over 4,000 July $10 calls have traded today with the majority being purchased for $0.15 each, against open interest of 2,869 contracts. There was large call buying in (TNK) earlier this week too.
- SIRI- Over 65,000 Dec. $3.50 calls were sold for $0.21 each, against open interest of 104,317 contracts. Earnings are due out on 7/24. There was large selling in these calls on 6/10 and 6/12 for $0.23.
- TRN- Sizable buying in the July and Oct. $42.50 calls this morning. Implied volatility rose 5.8% to 29.79. The call to put ratio is 5:1. The long-term and intermediate-term uptrends remain intact. (TRN) trades at a P/E ratio of 12.57x (2015 estimates), -7.8% EPS growth (+59.8% this year), -0.4% revenue growth (+28.1% this year), P/S ratio of 1.32x, 0.93% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $44.25. On 6/16, KeyBanc maintained a buy rating with a $105 price target.
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!