2014-05-27 Smart Money Report (AMKR) (MSFT)
Smart Money Report
- AMKR- A rollout from 2,000 June $9 calls (credit) into 4,000 Sep. $11 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the Sep. $11 calls. Typically trades 600 calls per day.
- EXC- 5,000 Jan. 2016 $35 calls were bought for $2.90-$2.95 each, against open interest of 971 contracts. Net call premium +$775K vs. net put premium of -$9K.
- MSFT- 17,502 June 27 weekly $39 puts were sold for $0.35 each, against open interest of 345 contracts. This is the largest Microsoft option trade of the day.
- MU- More than 8,000 Oct. $21 calls were bought for $7.35 each, against open interest of 252 contracts. Earnings are due out on 6/18. Implied volatility rose 7.2%. This trade is roughly a $6M bet.
- P- Another 7,500 Sep. $18 puts were purchased for $0.66 each, against open interest of 15,800 contracts. This is likely a hedge given how far out-of-the-money the put buying is.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.