2014-05-19 Smart Money Report (SPLS) (TIVO)
Smart Money Report
- SPLS- Staples is set to announce Q1 earnings before the bell tomorrow morning. Analysts are looking for $0.21 in EPS and revenue of $5.6 billion. The options market is implying a $1.35 move, or 10.12%, in either direction through June options expiration. Put to call ratio in (SPLS) options is currently 1.84, led by buying in the June $14 puts for $1.10. The stock has declined after earnings on the three previous reports.
- HFC- 5,319 June $47 puts were sold for $0.50 each, against open interest of 627 contracts. Typically trades 1,343 puts per day. (HFC) trades at a P/E ratio of 11.28x (2014 estimates), PEG ratio of 0.64x (2014 estimates), -8.4% revenue growth (-1.2% in 2015), P/S ratio of 0.49x, 2.55% dividend yield, and has an average analyst price target of $52.50.
- KGC- 20k Nov. $5 calls were purchased for $0.15-$0.17 each, against open interest of 1,766 contracts. Typically trades 7,738 calls per day.
- NVDA- A rollout from 10,000 June 21 $20 calls (credit) into 10,000 July $20 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the July $20 calls. RBC Capital upgraded the stock to outperform this morning with a $26 price target.
- TIVO- 7,350 May 23 weekly $11.50 calls were bought for $0.59 each, against open interest of 4,003 contracts. Earnings are due out on 5/22. Typically trades 814 calls per day. Implied volatility rose 8.1% to 33.91. The stock has been consolidating in the $11.50-$12.25 range, but has moved higher after earnings on 4 out of the last 6 reports.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.