2014-05-16 Smart Money Report (CLF) (GLD)
Smart Money Report
- BKS- 4,400 June $15 puts were bought for $0.45 each, against open interest of 153 contracts. Shares of Barnes & Noble have struggled to hold above the $17 level on several attempts over the last month.
- CLF- A rollout from 5,100 July $19 puts (credit) into 9k July $17 puts (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the July $17 puts. The trader is taking profits on the initial short position, but remains bearish on Cliffs Natural Resources as the stock hits new lows.
- DIA- Large buying in the June 21 $164 and $165 calls today. Volume was above the open interest in both options. Net call premium was +$1.0M vs. net put premium of +$286K. These buyers are looking for a retest of the all-time highs in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- EOG- A rollout from 3k May 17 $100 calls (credit) into 3k July $100 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the July $100 calls. (EOG) trades at a P/E ratio of 19.36x (2014 estimates), PEG ratio of 0.67x (2014 estimates), 16.7% revenue growth, and has an average analyst price target of $107.75. The long-term uptrend on the weekly chart remains intact.
- GLD- 10k Dec. $130 calls were purchased for $3.50 each, against open interest of 57,008 contracts. This was tied to a sale of 330k shares for $124.53 each.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.