2014-05-12 Smart Money Report (IYR) (WB)
Smart Money Report
- IYR- 10k May 30 weekly $70 puts were bought for $0.25-$0.26 each, against open interest of 37 contracts.The real estate ETF is set to close at a new high today with RSI overbought at 74+. This is likely a hedge against an existing long position.
- TWTR- A rollout from 4k May 17 $34 calls (credit) into 4k May 23 weekly $33 calls (debit). Volume was above the open interest in the May 23 weekly $33 calls. Twitter has near-term upside potential to $36-$37 (gap fill). Current support is at $29.50.
- VGR- More than 2,000 Aug. $22.50 calls were purchased for $0.48-$0.55 each this morning, against open interest of 1,199 contracts. Earnings are due out tonight. Implied volatility rose 13% to 34.31 with call activity over 5x the average daily volume. The stock has moved higher after earnings on three straight reports.
- VIX- Call activity is over 2x the average daily volume (call to put ratio is over 5:1) with more than 1M traded. This is largely due to buying in the June, Aug, and Sep. $20 calls. Net call premium is $2.0M vs. net put premium of $105.
- WB- 2,500 May $20 calls were purchased for $0.30-$0.35 each, against open interest of 219 contracts. This morning Weibo was initiated with an overweight rating and a $25 price target at Piper Jaffray.
Free Trial: If you would like to know more about premium content or you would like a free trial of our service, email me at Mitchell@OptionsRiskManagement.com .
Premium Membership: Join now to gain access to the all of the stock watchlist updates, unusual options activity reports, earnings trade ideas, weekend market updates, Premium Twitter feed, and more! All for just $29.95/month or save by purchasing an annual subscription. Join me and the other ORM traders in the chat room today!
1 On 1 Options Mentoring: Learn more about 1 on 1 options mentoring courses that help can you improve your trading odds and risk management skills.